Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sublime to the ridiculous?


-Excuse me sir, can we just agree on how much responsibility I will have to assume before I actully fuck up?

Big Four Look to Limit Liability
Waivers of punitive damages and jury-trial rights are quietly finding their way into audit contracts.
CFO.com
December 14, 2005
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, Deloitte & Touche, and KPMG are trying to minimize their exposure to liability lawsuits by requiring companies they audit to limit their right to sue, reported Bloomberg.
According to the wire service, waivers of punitive damages and jury-trial rights are quietly finding their way into Big Four audit contracts — and attracting criticism from watchdogs who feel that liability caps will make accountants less vigilant. As a result, Bloomberg pointed out, five U.S. banking agencies are preparing to bar large banks from agreeing to these clauses (continued...)

-Don't blame me, I'm just the auditor? Fucking gutless cowards..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com