Friday, November 04, 2005

What are friends worth? (yes, you can put a value on friendship)

Contrary to popular belief, I do have friends, in fact I even have some from my MBA program (about the only thing I got out of the program other than a piece of very expensive rolling paper).

Every now and again, usually about 2 times a year, most of us get together for dinner and contrary to most "reunions", I don't feel any need to get uptight or find a reason not to go, unless there is a legit reason. One of the great things (unless I am oblivious to it, which could always be possible) is that there isn't this overhanging sense of hyper-competitiveness to see "who has done what" or "see what I have". While this could be a case of "we are all miserable failures" I highly doubt it, as at least one of us is bound to accomplish something.

The impetus for these get togethers is usually one of us sending out an email announcing a job promotion, career move or sex change (Just kidding).

So what is my point? These seven friends are each worth about $2857.14 to me, or what it cost me to do my MBA (I got in when tuition was cheap). You thought I was going to say something mushy didn't you. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rand said...

That sounds pretty harsh, I have to say. Most of my classmates are back in NYC or thereabouts, and some are doing quite well for themselves. Others are struggling.

We used to get together once a month or so for cocktails. Among my classmates, I've a number of good friends , a current business partner, and at one point nearly a wife.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Josh Kerbel said...

I'm joking

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com