Friday, November 04, 2005

Warping Young Minds

Just got back in from a short little lecture/sermon I gave at Ryerson University (my brother in law went there for engineering, but I won't hold that against the school) on bootstrapping your own business. Yes, I explained to them what invoice discounting was (I have a book that I send out that does that much better), but more importantly, I tried to impress up this group of eager little beavers, that, like most things in life, things are easily said and not easily done. Ideas are simple, mechanics are simple, execution is a bitch. If you do not have the stomach for a real life horror story, it is not the life for you.

Starting your own business is possibly the dumbest thing you can do. The only thing dumber may be slaving away for somebody else in a job. In other words, making a success of yourself is not easy.

The most important thing that anyone who wants to be successful in business (and something that I am still learning to be comfortable with) is how to manipula.....I mean contro............I mean influence people. Some people are born with this skill, others must practice it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Daniel Nerezov said...

that's very good.

i've bookmarked this.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com