Wednesday, November 16, 2005

"Hello, is this Prescott Thackery?"

"Yes it is, how may I help you?"

"I was looking for some financing for my business"

"Ok, tell me a little bit about your business"

"Well, it is just getting up and running. We operate a dog bakery."

"Oh. Haven't the dogs heard about the Zone? I thought they had a Zone for Dogs book out now."
Silence

"Well as much as my Vizsla, Rex, enjoys his baked goods, this isn't a venture we can finance. I am sure that Rex would be quite interested, except all of his money is tied up in T-bones."

When people ask you silly questions, you give them silly answers. I know there is an old adage that "the only dumb question is the one which isn't asked" but let me tell you, a lot of the time, silence is golden.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Canadian Headhunter said...

I'm afraid to ask: was that for real?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Josh Kerbel said...

Well, it was until Rex lost most of his T-Bone investment to the cleaning lady.

I don't need to make this stuff up

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com