Thursday, September 22, 2005

A perfectly good example of why NOT to put live television on airplanes

As someone who was flying across the Atlantic from Berlin to Toronto (ended up in Moncton actually, almost landed in Gander.......thank god we didn't) on September 11/2001, here is a perfectly good example of why live TV on planes is bad.

Crippled Jet Lands Safely at L.A. Airport - AP

LOS ANGELES - The airliner circled Southern California for hours, crippled by a faulty landing gear, while inside its cabin 140 passengers watched their own life-and-death drama unfolding on live television (continued... )

-In relation to the events of September 11, knowing about the events while in the air would not have caused me as much stress as dealing with the reaction of the people around me. Having a rather high tolerance for uncertainly and danger is something I have (no sense worrying when you have little control over external situations), dealing with other peoples' histrionics is not a skill I posses in any great quantity. In other words, I was glad there were no TV's on the plane.
Sometimes, I really believe in the phrase "this information is on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know it".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com