Thursday, June 30, 2005

Still Sticking To My Guns

Lots of sticking to things lately.

So it's almost 11 am on the drop dead day of a deal I have been working on for the last little while. No word from my client. The ball is clearly in his court. If my instincts tell me anything, I know he is out searching for "someone who will do him better". See as how this guy scared off most asset based lenders, I know what is out there.

Having said that, there is always the chance that some dildo at one of the chartered bank sends him a letter of interest that causes my client to kill this deal. I know that once the banker spends more than 5 minutes going through the books, they would not give this character a dime in the end, but it is enough to disrupt the financing that I have arranged.

So I have typed up a letter to my client, stating in no uncertain terms, you are a fool if you don't take this deal, you have known the terms for a month, they haven't changed. The real problem with this letter is that while covering my ass from a legal point of view (if my client tries to tell me that I advised him against the deal), it comes across as quite self serving (i.e. Sign the paper so I get paid!). so I will wait until this afternoon in order to fire it off to my client.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh Kerbel said...

Oh ya, forgot to mention. I am in a gambling mood today, so I am looking for someone to play tiddely winks with for cash later this afternoon.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com