Thursday, June 09, 2005

Deal Flow................Joshie Style!!!

Some how one of my phone lines at work went on the fritz today.............and took my internet connection with it, so I did what any self sufficient guy would do, went to the closest bar..........just kidding!

I prowled my neighborhood until I found a copy of the BusinessExchange and called up every business broker that was listing businesses for sale, big, small...........I called them all. I figured that many of the have clients in need of money and since I have money to put out, it could be a good fit.

Unfortunately, my pitch really sucks. It usually goes something like this:

Hi, my name is Josh Kerbel, I came across your name in Business Exchange. I run a small merchant bank by the name of Prescott Thackery and to get to the point, I have money to give to small businesses.

As you can imagine, I get a variety of responses...........some are great, some luke warm, some like.........are you legit or are you some sort of vulture fund (not quite sure if most people know what a vulture fund is, they just like the sound of it).

But hey, its a living!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com