Thursday, March 17, 2005

Tick Tock Tick Tock..............................

You know what that is? It's time ticking away. It is the same time that everyone tells me that they don't have when they call me.

"Josh, I need to make payroll in 24 hours"
"I need to pay my suppliers tonight"
"The bank wants its money back"
" My girlfriend is threatening to call my wife unless I by her a diamond solitaire"
(Ok, I have yet to hear this line, but I am sure I will. My suggestion will be next time, don't give her your real number)

The funny thing is that when it comes to getting me back the documents that I need to make an informed decision, everyone takes their sweet time, regardless how urgent their situation was when they called me in the first place.

I am the first to admit that I require a large amount of paper work relative to a bank, but I am not asking people to write a thesis about their business, I am asking for information that they should be able to recite to me off of the top of their head. When people have difficulty producing financial statements, I use it as a sign that this may be a deal that I want to keep away from

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com