Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Earning your stripes? Cutting your teeth?

Or any other cliche you can think of about gaining some experience the hard way (or is that the only way).

Had our first issue today with a client, which also coincided with another one of our clients having an issue with a vendor that did not pay them, thank God I didn't finance that invoice otherwise I would have had two issues on the same day and that would have exceeded my issue quota for the month! I would then have to put on the dunce cap and sit in the corner for half an hour.

Bad Josh! Bad Josh!

Without getting into specifics or details, I know that there is a right and wrong way to handle this situation. The right way is to listen to my instincts............and do the exact opposite!

Having the benefit of hindsight, I can reflect on the following lessons learned:
1. No good deed goes unpunished.
2. When you see liens, run.
3. If there is a train wreck, do not get on board, even if the ticket is free.

The funny thing is that while irate, I know that with a little bit of patience and guts, I will extract myself from this situation

I hear stories all day long, some unremarkable, some heartbreaking, some absolutely hilarious. The hardest ones to deal with are the heart breaking ones. Having said that, I know that for the most part, no one will give a damn about my SOB story, so why do I?


So from now on I wont!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com